Submit an Anecdote
or a Very Short Story
Wordhouse jobs now calls for submission of:
- must be 500 words long.
- must be written in English and Tagalog
- must be about Tagalog and Pinoy culture, Tagalog words, or Tagalog idioms and expressions.
- can be serious, satirical, sad or humorous.
- must be your original creation
- must not contain offensive language even if you are writing about "bad Tagalog words"
- must be via email as WORD attachment or Rich Text Format
- must be accompanied by a half-page bio data or description of the author/contributor, and contact information.
- may be accompanied by a gif. graphic or picture that can be easily uploaded together with the article.
- must be your best final draft. (We don't edit submissions; we will simply reject them if they are poorly written.)
- must not exceed three in one e-mail
- if posted at any wordhouse site will be awarded a P500.00 honoraria fifteen days after posting.
- will not be returned if not posted.
- becomes the property of wordhouse once paid.
- will be given notice of acceptance within a week if their articles are accepted for posting.
- will not be given notice of rejection if unsuccessful.
- may submit their articles elsewhere if they are not given notice of acceptance within a week.
- may submit only a maximum of three excellent anecdotes/very short story in a month's time.
- may be asked to tweak their articles to use some key word targeting in favor of marketing.
- may use a pseudonym if desired
- may not post the article on their personal or business blog with link to Wordhouse site.
- may reuse the article only after six months of posting
- may be asked to sign a contract that protects Wordhouse intellectual property rights.
- are within one month to two months after notice has been given.
- will be automatically promoted on the Tagalog at Wordhouse e-zine
- will be submitted to the major search engines, but there is no guarantee of exposure on the top thirty rankings.
- are syndicated via RSS feeds.
Watch for other Wordhouse jobs: We also accept___ in English only
- poems in Tagalog with translation into English and vice versa (with honoraria). Poetry will be posted at the english-to-tagalog blog .
- Book Reviews of Tagalog Books (must contain a very short summary and an insightful comment)
- Short essays about Tagalog, Culture, Tagalog Region (includes Bulacan, Quezon, Rizal, Palawan, Mindoro, Cavite, Batangas, and Nueva Ecija)
- 500 word article about a Tourist spot in the Tagalog Area (promotional venue, no honoraria)
- short profiles about known personalities in the Area (must be accompanied by pictures)
Even Your Hobby Can Be Profitable
Just think about it. If you can have fun and earn, why not?
if your hobby will generate income for you, why resist it?
Only passive people do nothing. Just say Yes.