English to Tagalog Translation
We translate from English to Tagalog. For millions of Filipinos working abroad as white and blue collar workers, service providers and entrepreneurs, nostalgia for their roots will always move them toward a deeper appreciation of their native language. But on a more pragmatic level, who wouldn't want a more direct communication that speaks right to the heart?
We evaluate English and Tagalog translations. Anybody who knows Tagalog by heart and who speaks this language daily can be a Tagalog translator. Yet each translator lives in a specific milieu and geographical location. These factors greatly affect how he or she will interpret the English text. Another factor is the target audience - older ones are stubborn about their language preferences while younger ones merely want to understand. As we translate, edit, and evaluate we keep these realities in mind to ensure accuracy and faithfulness to meaning.
Aside from featuring Tagalog, our site also offers an objective look at translations to and from three major Filipino languages, namely: Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon. We offer clues on what makes certain translations better than another, and point out language nuances that will help make your English to Tagalog translation more than a product of dictionary search.
- Anong Tagalog sa ... Anong English sa...
- Anong Tagalog sa. Search for everything that intrigues you about Tagalog, Filipino, and other major languages in the Philippines.
- FAQ at English to Tagalog
- Read answers to FAQ at english to tagalog dot com
- Translate to Tagalog but we also offer translation into Cebuano and Hiligaynon.
- We don't merely translate to tagalog. We make sure your ideas are intact and leaving an impact on your intended readers.
- Editing at Wordhouse
- Editing at Wordhouse submission guidelines for those intending to publish their personal vision and share their insights and imagination.
- Linguistic Validation
- Linguistic validation of Tagalog/Filipino translations require more than just hunches. Playing it by ear will probably not be obvious to the clien, but compromises the quality of the translation.
- Tagalog Translation Tools
- Tagalog translation tools are invaluable in Tagalog translation. But any Tagalog Machine Translation should be revised as part of the Translation process.
- Tweaking Tagalog to English Translation
- Some tips when editing Tagalog to English Translation
- Filipino or Tagalog is there a difference
- Filipino or Tagalog? Is there really a difference? For translators, this is an important question to ask.
- English to Tagalog Problems and Solutions
- English to Tagalog Problems fall under similar general classifications: Semantic, Syntactic, and Pragmatic. Translation solutions should consider these categories carefully.
- Taglish A Perspective
- Taglish is when English dominates and Engalog, when English dominates.
- English-Tagalog Blog
- English to Tagalog blog shares related events, activities, and insights on Translation, Writing, Editing, Publishing, Linguistic Validation and Filipino culture.
- Tagalog polite Talk
- Tagalog polite talk or conversation shows that there are more to Tagalog pronouns than numbers.
- Taga-bukid na Tagalog at Tagalog sa Maynila
- Taga-bukid na Tagalog (Tagalog of the "bukid" variety) is a superficial category, but all Taga-bukid have characteristics distinct from the Taga-Maynila.
- Illustrado by Miguel Syjuco
- In Illustrado by Miguel Syjuco, the term Illustrado is negatively pursued, like, what do this Illustrado really know about the grim realities on the city streets, the squalor in urban squatters, the catastrophe in the rural areas where disasters are endless?
- Filipino values and concepts
- Filipino values within the "relationship cluster" focuses on relationships within the family, among extended relations, and within the immediate social and political millieu. Key words: ate at kuya, po at opo, Tagalog honorific, Pamilyang Pinoy
- Bukol is a Metaphor
- Bukol in English is a lump, a boil, a bump, a bulge but in this article, it is used metaphorically to refer to a corrupt deal.
- Filipino sense of space
- Filipino sense of space is always abstract to the consumer but real to the Pinoy since space is experienced and not merely defined.