Wordhouse jobs: Submit an Anecdote
or a Very Short Story "About Tagalog"
Wordhouse jobs now calls for submission of:
- must be 500 words long.
- must be written in English and Tagalog
- must be about Tagalog and Pinoy culture, Tagalog words, or Tagalog idioms and expressions.
- can be serious, satirical, sad or humorous.
- must be your original creation
- must not contain offensive language even if you are writing about "bad Tagalog words"
- must be via email as WORD attachment or Rich Text Format
- must be accompanied by a half-page bio data or description of the author/contributor, and contact information.
- may be accompanied by a gif. graphic or picture that can be easily uploaded together with the article.
- must be your best final draft. (We don't edit submissions; we will simply reject them if they are poorly written.)
- must not exceed three in one e-mail
- if posted at any wordhouse site will be awarded a P500.00 honoraria fifteen days after posting.
- will not be returned if not posted.
- becomes the property of wordhouse once paid.
- will be given notice of acceptance within a week if their articles are accepted for posting.
- will not be given notice of rejection if unsuccessful.
- may submit their articles elsewhere if they are not given notice of acceptance within a week.
- may submit only a maximum of three excellent anecdotes/very short story in a month's time.
- may be asked to tweak their articles to use some key word targeting in favor of marketing.
- may use a pseudonym if desired
- may not post the article on their personal or business blog with link to Wordhouse site.
- may reuse the article only after six months of posting
- may be asked to sign a contract that protects Wordhouse intellectual property rights.
- are within one month to two months after notice has been given.
- will be automatically promoted on the Tagalog at Wordhouse e-zine
- will be submitted to the major search engines, but there is no guarantee of exposure on the top thirty rankings.
- are syndicated via RSS feeds.
Watch for other Wordhouse jobs: We also accept___ in English only
- poems in Tagalog with translation into English and vice versa (with honoraria). Poetry will be posted at the english-to-tagalog blog .
- Book Reviews of Tagalog Books (must contain a very short summary and an insightful comment)
- Short essays about Tagalog, Culture, Tagalog Region (includes Bulacan, Quezon, Rizal, Palawan, Mindoro, Cavite, Batangas, and Nueva Ecija)
- 500 word article about a Tourist spot in the Tagalog Area (promotional venue, no honoraria)
- short profiles about known personalities in the Area (must be accompanied by pictures)
Are you a writer?
Come visit us.